Open position: service designer / service design trainee
Posted on 2018-02-20 11:34:45 EET.
We open a position for service design trainee (Bachelor Degree) or service designer (Master Degree) with excellent visualisation and collaborative design skills as well as business competence.
Design Centre MUOVA is a research and development unit of VAMK dedicated to design and innovation since 1988. Our mission is to support international competitiveness of companies through market-oriented design. We combine product and service design as well as design thinking with marketing, management and ICT in order to transform companies, industries and the society. Strong collaboration with companies, public organisations, research and educational institutes takes place at international, national, and regional levels.
We open a position for service design trainee (Bachelor Degree) or service designer (Master Degree) with excellent visualisation and collaborative design skills as well as business competence. Experience in manufacturing industry is a benefit. The position is related to the Co-Protolab project (1.9.2017-31.12.2019), which develops a radically new service prototyping lab based on VR. In addition, service designer is involved in our design team, which carries out design projects with companies on commercial basis. In mutual agreement, the position can continue over the project period.
• Developing virtual and physical environment of CoProtolab in a project team
• Collaborating with the project and business partners when developing and testing the lab
• Participating in design projects in a multidisciplinary expert team
• Bachelor or Master Degree in design
• Service design and business competence
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills (Finnish/Swedish and English)
• Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial and participative way of working
The temporary position is located in Vaasa. The negotiable starting date ist 1 April, 2018. For more information, please contact Development manager Miia Lammi, +358 50 408 4969.
Apply by submitting your application, CV and portfolio to director Annika Hissa (email annika.hissa(at)muova.fi) by 1st March, 2018.