Open position: Project manager for start-up activities in universities
Posted on 2018-09-11 14:30:21 EEST.
Design Centre MUOVA focuses on product and service design as well as transformation of companies, networks and society through design. We are strengthening our core team with a project manager for supporting start-ups in University of Vaasa and VAMK University of Applied Sciences.
We are looking for an innovative and competent team player who is familiar with start-up activities and development projects as well as capable of developing entrepreneurship in West Coast Startup.
West Coast startup's goal is to help students and staff of local universities to start a new business. West Coast Start-up offers coaching in clarifying, developing, testing and implementing ideas. A variety of training courses, workshops, events and networking opportunities are also organized.
- Developing and implementing start-up activities
- Strengthening the collaboration network
- Planning and carrying out development projects
- Suitable Master Degree or equivalent
- Experience in entrepreneurship
- Experience in product, service and business development
- Competence in project management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding and experience in industrial design and industrial services
- Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial and participative way of working
We ask you to do a preliminary task and tell us how you would develop start-ups. Describe three major activities that you consider as most important.
The temporary position is located in Vaasa. The negotiable starting date is 1st December, 2018.
Apply by submitting your application, CV (optional portfolio) and the preliminary task to director Annika Hissa (email firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15th of October, 2018. Further information Annika Hissa annika.hissa (at)muova.fi or +358 50 568 5863.
Design Centre MUOVA is a research and development platform of Vaasa University of Applied Sciences with close collaboration with Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture and University of Vaasa.